Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked

My iPhone took a little swim accidentally and I got it out instantly and dried it out in rice. It worked but a piece of rice managed to block the charging port so I stopped using it. Unfortunately it has pictures on it of family who have passed away and I am not sure if the iCloud back up was on. I have had the screen replaced 4 times but the touch screen function is not working. Does anyone know if it can be fix so I can get the photos backed up or are they locked in the phone.

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 6:38 AM

According to Apple:

Don’t put your iPhone in a bag of rice. Doing so could allow small particles of rice to damage your iPhone.

Read ▶︎ Water Damage (not covered by standard warranty). 💦

AppleCare+ can help.

Turning on a wet machine can cause more damage and increase the cost of repair. ⚠️

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2022 6:38 AM in response to catriona228

According to Apple:

Don’t put your iPhone in a bag of rice. Doing so could allow small particles of rice to damage your iPhone.

Read ▶︎ Water Damage (not covered by standard warranty). 💦

AppleCare+ can help.

Turning on a wet machine can cause more damage and increase the cost of repair. ⚠️

Based on your situation, I recommend service.

Service Checklist:

Click ▶︎ Start a Service Request. ⚛️

Need more help?

Click ▶︎ Check Repair Status. 🔧

iPhone locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.