Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I recover photos from a damaged iPhone?

My daughter dropped her IPhone 7 and broke the screen, I took the phone and had the screen repaired at which point they told me that the backlight board or something like that had water damage and the screen would not work at all and noone can fix it or will fix it rather. She has like 1400 pictures on the phone that have never been backed up to icloud i tunes or anything. Tryng to figure out how we can recover the photos from a phone that has a completely black screen and that we cant click "trust" when we hook it up to a computer least yet put in her passcode. So the big question is how do i get her photos etc off a phone that is essentially a brick thats storing all her stuff?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 6:41 PM

Long shot, but she could try logging into

https://www.icloud.com/photos/

If she was mistaken about having iCloud Photos turned off, then at least some of her photos might be there, in the free 5 GB of iCloud storage that comes with every Apple ID. Anything there could be recovered from the Web site, or by connecting another Apple device to the same iCloud Photos account. I expect there's nothing there – but it only takes a couple of moments to check.

If she ever sent copies of any photos to family or friends as attachments to e-mail, she might be able to get those particular photos back from the people she sent them to.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2023 6:41 PM in response to cookiemonstrrr

Long shot, but she could try logging into

https://www.icloud.com/photos/

If she was mistaken about having iCloud Photos turned off, then at least some of her photos might be there, in the free 5 GB of iCloud storage that comes with every Apple ID. Anything there could be recovered from the Web site, or by connecting another Apple device to the same iCloud Photos account. I expect there's nothing there – but it only takes a couple of moments to check.

If she ever sent copies of any photos to family or friends as attachments to e-mail, she might be able to get those particular photos back from the people she sent them to.

Aug 31, 2023 7:00 PM in response to cookiemonstrrr

cookiemonstrrr Said:

"How can I recover photos from a damaged iPhone?: [...]She has like 1400 pictures on the phone that have never been backed up to icloud i tunes or anything.[...]"

-------

Recovering Photos Through iCloud:

For the sake of recovering it, try this just to be certain...

Sync Photos Through iCloud:

Is Photos enable in iCloud setting o this iPhone? If so, you may be ale to recover them that way. You'd sign in to the same Apple ID on another device of yours, and then enable Photos in iCloud Settings on it. Being synced, as a result, Photos will be accessible between both both devices. Note that If you that thousands of file, it may take some time.

A. Enable Photos on iPhone:

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Music (so that it is green)

B. Enable Photos on Mac:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID (on top-right)
  3. Select: Music (by giving it a check mark)

How can I recover photos from a damaged iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.