Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Universal Control

Why does Universal control always assume that my iPad Pro is on the right side of my MacBook Pro?

I prefer to keep my iPad Pro to the left of my Mac, then why do I always have to get my cursor to the right of Mac's screen to go to IPad's screen?

this is inconvenient and unintuitive . please help. :(

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 1:26 AM

Arrange your displays

Arrange your displays to adjust where your devices think they are relative to the others. You can then move the pointer more precisely in the direction of each display.

1. On your primary Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences).
  2. Click Displays.
  3. If using macOS Ventura or later, click the Arrange button.
  4. The settings window shows an image representing each device's display. Drag the image of your iPad or other Mac into position relative to the other displays: to their left, to their right, or below them. A Mac display can also be positioned above other displays. Don't see your display?

If you need more information, use this support page Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 1:26 AM in response to TheEliteRunner

Arrange your displays

Arrange your displays to adjust where your devices think they are relative to the others. You can then move the pointer more precisely in the direction of each display.

1. On your primary Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences).
  2. Click Displays.
  3. If using macOS Ventura or later, click the Arrange button.
  4. The settings window shows an image representing each device's display. Drag the image of your iPad or other Mac into position relative to the other displays: to their left, to their right, or below them. A Mac display can also be positioned above other displays. Don't see your display?

If you need more information, use this support page Universal Control: Use a single keyboard and mouse between Mac and iPad - Apple Support

Universal Control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.