Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't generate AOL app password.

Was formerly able to use Microsoft Outlook app on the iPhone to get to AOL mail. It required generating an app password on AOL. Recently, when Outlook asked me to enter the AOL mail password, I tried generating a new app password on AOL, it responded, "Sorry, this feature is not available right now." Other people seem to have had the same problem, but I've found no work-arounds. Any ideas? (No snide remarks about using an AOL mail account, please.)

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 9:47 AM

May depend on how you arrived at AOL. Was able to get the AOL app password generator to work last night and this morning using Firefox on a PC after it failing since at least mid-October. It might be useful to also note I came into AOL when they absorbed Compuserve in the early '00s. There's been all manner of corporate takeovers since then. Others have reported it's still not working for their accounts.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2022 9:47 AM in response to Need_Better_Mail_App

May depend on how you arrived at AOL. Was able to get the AOL app password generator to work last night and this morning using Firefox on a PC after it failing since at least mid-October. It might be useful to also note I came into AOL when they absorbed Compuserve in the early '00s. There's been all manner of corporate takeovers since then. Others have reported it's still not working for their accounts.

Oct 29, 2022 11:47 AM in response to Kurtosis12

Not helpful. I'm fully aware that neither is an Apple product, but this is a situation where other threads posted by iPhone users here have expressed the same problem and I was hoping someone might have come across a solution. All of the large tech companies seem to be equally unresponsive to their users, so I'm casting a wide net. On an unrelated note, it sure would be nice if Google would reinstate Push from Gmail to the iPhone Mail app.

Nov 7, 2022 4:05 PM in response to COlorado_Steve

I am having the same issue. I deleted my outlook for mac aol app password and tried to generate a new one. I get the message "Sorry, this feature is not available right now!". I still have an iphone mail app password. I logged into aol from my phone's browser instead of my laptop's to try to generate one that way and still get the same error. Any other ideas?

Nov 7, 2022 6:08 PM in response to DooksSplooshter

I think as others have posted its hit or miss depending on the browser. With that said, I never received the pull down menu to select what I wanted to generate a password for, I wrote down the name of the password I deleted “iPad Mail”, manually typed that in, then selected generate password and it worked. Could never to get it to generate on my PC laptop

Nov 14, 2022 7:36 PM in response to DooksSplooshter

I was finally able to generate a password. I don’t think it had anything to do with the browser, as I had tried them all previously and repeatedly on both Windows and Apple machines. I think it’s an AOL issue, but still have seen no sign of a pattern of when it works and when it doesn’t. At least for now, my issue is resolved, since I was able to get the password I needed.

Can't generate AOL app password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.