Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura OS -- Outlook Exchange Does Not Sync

This appears to be a problem others have experienced since "upgrading" to Ventura OS. Microsoft Outlook Exchange does not "sync" with the Apple Calendar. If I send out a meeting invitation through Outlook, the meeting appears on Apple Calendar on my IOS devices and my Mac running Monterey. Not so with Ventura, i.e., the meeting will never appear on the Apple Calendar. Hopefully, this gets addressed in the next update.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 12:25 PM

7 replies

Nov 15, 2022 11:17 AM in response to BethesdaJack

Having this same issue after the Ventura update. I have 3 separate Exchange accounts configured on my Mac. 2 of them are low volume departmental accounts, and the 3rd is my own individual account. The departmental ones are operating just fine, but my individual account is not working right. No updates show up in Calendar. Most* calendar invitations/cancellations are showing fine in Mail, and if I click accept/reject on an invitation or OK on a cancellation, my actual calendar is updated as viewed in Outlook or the Exchange web interface, but no updates are shows in the Mac Calendar app at all. I turned off Calendar capabilities for that account in System Setting, which resulted in all of the entries for that account disappearing from Calendar completely, but nothing ever reappears even with the exchangesyncd process downloading gigabytes of data over and over again.

*as a side note, it appears that invitations that are generated by the Zoom Outlook plugin for Exchange (ie, invitations I receive from Outlook users with a Zoom meeting scheduled) are not recognized by Apple Mail as containing an actual invitation, so I can't even accept/reject those invitations using Apple Mail.

Nov 25, 2022 10:00 AM in response to BethesdaJack

Same here. After trying some things like stop and re-start the process exchangesyncd I decided to go more aggressive:

Step 1. Delete the complete Exchange account using System Settings - Internet Accounts.

Step 2. After 15 minutes (all data deleted) I shutdown / off / started my Mac mini.

Step 3. Re-installed the Exchange account using System Settings - Internet Accounts.

Step 4. Give it time to get all data back. In my case 10000 emails, 3000 calendar entries, 2500 tasks, 500 notes, 11000 contacts. Since then, 5 days ago, all seems ok: my Tasks are synced to Reminders and v.v., Calendar is in sync for changes made in Outlook as well as in Calendar, Contacts are back and in sync again as well as Notes. MS Teams calendar comes thru. (please neutralize the guy who developed MS Teams, never seen such rubbish) Seems that connections need to be made again and then all works as it worked before. Since then all fine. No need for an update. I am on 13.0.1.

Dec 11, 2022 6:28 AM in response to BethesdaJack

Dear BethesdaJack,

Microsoft did not do anything. Apple did not do anything. And for good reason as there is nothing wrong.

What is required is that the connection between Mail, Reminders, Contacts and Calendar needs to be re-established. This goes quickest by deleting and re-configuring the account as described above.

Since I did this, all works perfectly. So your observation does not seem completely right.

Ventura OS -- Outlook Exchange Does Not Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.