Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An update is required to use cellular data on this phone

my iPhone is not able to connect to mobile data. It shows “error” and that “an update is required to use cellular data. What do I do?

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 9:17 PM

tolu83 Said:

"An update is required to use cellular data on this phone: my iPhone is not able to connect to mobile data. It shows 'error' and that 'an update is required to use cellular data. What do I do?"

-------

Install a Carrier Update:

Because you need to contact your carrier, request carrier updates. Once they are installed, you can then update the iOS. So, contact your carrier, asking them where to get these.  Go Here: Manually Update your Carrier Settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 9:17 PM in response to tolu83

tolu83 Said:

"An update is required to use cellular data on this phone: my iPhone is not able to connect to mobile data. It shows 'error' and that 'an update is required to use cellular data. What do I do?"

-------

Install a Carrier Update:

Because you need to contact your carrier, request carrier updates. Once they are installed, you can then update the iOS. So, contact your carrier, asking them where to get these.  Go Here: Manually Update your Carrier Settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

An update is required to use cellular data on this phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.