Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import CD´s to iTunes/Music.

What is wrong with everything?

Some CD´s I import (My own CD collection(I am a filmscore Collector)) and I would like to simply import them into my iTunes, synchronize them and all those newly imported CD´s to be shared on my own devices.

I have created playlists with different composers namnes so that I can sort them out in a away so that I easly can access them and have good order in my music library.

One source of information says that iCloud is just a great cloud to have texts and documents and pictures. To keep your CD´s in there is not a good idea. Oftentimes it will be lost. One need to look for soundfiles, because iCloud

can´t keep reckord of them.

One source mentioned that if I subscribe on iTunes Match, will enable me to save my CD´s there without me loosing them or have to go and look for those soundfiles. My CD´s in my collection do not belong in the mainstream of things. Those are publicly released from serious websites (no boot-legs) but they are limited editions. 3000 copies made and then the batch is gone. I like to still be able to listen to my records when I am not at home or when I am at home but would like to stay in my sofa without needing to get up to my score collection and pick out the CD I want. I just like to play it from my phone or iPad. Is that too much to ask?

Anyone out there that can give me a staight answer so that i can finally understand this God forsaken technolgy.

I have so much to do and so littele time and energy to go into deep investigations everytime I need an aswer. Here in Sweden, one of the best Apple forums closed down last summer. Where can I find other forums, Swedish and english ones?

HAAAAALOOOO!!!!! HELP!!!

Please note. I am a real nice person with no hidden bad motives. I love Macintosh computers and Apple products - but the information about these items needs to be structured and easy to find. The humanity need things to be easy with the stuff that matters to them, because the world outside is NOT easy to live in.

Please, I beg you guys, answer my inquiry, please

Best regard

Toby One Kenobi - Sweden

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 9:51 AM

Garrett / Toby,

I assume you already know how to rip CDs to your iTunes library, but just in case, here is the procedure:

Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

In spite of what "one source" told you, iTunes Match is not a reliable backup. Make sure to keep at least one backup on external media and/or non-Apple cloud storage. This is extra important since you are apparently dealing in CDs that will be impossible to replace.

As far as getting the songs onto your devices: your choices are cloud syncing, or direct (via USB) syncing using Finder/iTunes.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 9:51 AM in response to Garretblake75

Garrett / Toby,

I assume you already know how to rip CDs to your iTunes library, but just in case, here is the procedure:

Import songs from CDs into Music on Mac - Apple Support

In spite of what "one source" told you, iTunes Match is not a reliable backup. Make sure to keep at least one backup on external media and/or non-Apple cloud storage. This is extra important since you are apparently dealing in CDs that will be impossible to replace.

As far as getting the songs onto your devices: your choices are cloud syncing, or direct (via USB) syncing using Finder/iTunes.

Oct 30, 2022 10:12 AM in response to Garretblake75

iCloud Drive shouldn't be used for storing your media.

iTunes Match and Apple Music are library syncing services. They allow you to keep the library on multiple computers or devices in sync with each other. They are not a replacement for a backup. Depending on where local copies of content are stored deleting something from your iCloud Music Library can result in it being removed everywhere. Make physical copies, particularly of anything you cannot redownload. Both services allow for uploading of content that isn't matched in the iTunes catalog. Once your iCloud Music Library is established you are able to listen to any of your media from any computer or device signed into your account, either streaming from the cloud, or downloading to the device so it can be played when you are offline, e.g. to avoid using mobile data.

tt2

Import CD´s to iTunes/Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.