Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group text are becoming a real problem

Lately, I've been getting group texts (15 or 16 people) that are obvious scams. However, I don't see a way to block the sender. When it's just one person I can block it easily, but when it is a group text I can't find anywhere to block the person who initiated the text. Help!

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 10:37 PM

Hi Dunwerkin2020

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Seems there a few options that may be helpful:

How to: Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

says:

"You can leave a group text message as long as there are three other people on the thread and everyone is using an Apple device, like an iPhone or iPad.

If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean that one or more of the users isn't using an Apple device with iMessage".

And:

:If you can't leave a group text message, you can mute the conversation so you don't get notifications."

Discussion thread on a similar situation:

My phone doesn't show "Leave this Convers… - Apple Community

All the best :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 10:37 PM in response to Dunwerkin2020

Hi Dunwerkin2020

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Seems there a few options that may be helpful:

How to: Leave a group text message thread on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

says:

"You can leave a group text message as long as there are three other people on the thread and everyone is using an Apple device, like an iPhone or iPad.

If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean that one or more of the users isn't using an Apple device with iMessage".

And:

:If you can't leave a group text message, you can mute the conversation so you don't get notifications."

Discussion thread on a similar situation:

My phone doesn't show "Leave this Convers… - Apple Community

All the best :-)

Group text are becoming a real problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.