Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pinch-to-zoom keeps crashing

I've recently updated my mac to the new macOS, which is Ventura and since then, the pinch-to-zoom gesture on the trackpad keeps getting disabled, which is annoying because it forces me to close the lid and re-open it while I'm working. Is there a way to resolve this problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:08 PM

cvnjkasnv Said:

"Pinch-to-zoom keeps crashing: I've recently updated my mac to the new macOS, which is Ventura and since then, the pinch-to-zoom gesture on the trackpad keeps getting disabled,[...]"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Apple won’t get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their issues area out and about, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

To Leave Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: Bug Report” for the “Feedback Type
  3. Select: Peripheral/Device Supports” for the “Feedback Area
  4. Comment: that this all began after installing the macOS. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 4:08 PM in response to cvnjkasnv

cvnjkasnv Said:

"Pinch-to-zoom keeps crashing: I've recently updated my mac to the new macOS, which is Ventura and since then, the pinch-to-zoom gesture on the trackpad keeps getting disabled,[...]"

-------

Report this to Apple:

Apple won’t get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their issues area out and about, and what fixes to include in updates to come.

To Leave Feedback:

4. Comment: that this all began after installing the macOS. Include the URL of this thread.

Nov 13, 2022 11:09 AM in response to A_H

A_H Said:

"Pinch-to-zoom keeps crashing: Experiencing the very same problem. This is hugely annoying! You can also resolve this issue (temporarily) by unchecking and re-checking the Pinch to Zoom checkbox (slider) in System Settings."

-------

Report the Solution to Apple.

4. Comment: on this bug, and the fix you've come across. Include the URL of this thread.

Dec 6, 2022 11:11 AM in response to iamjimmy

Hmm … to be honest, I don’t believe there’s a particular set of apps that is responsible, or at least, there’s no pattern I could spot on my system. It happens when I’m using apps from the Affinity range, FontLab 8, Sketch, sometimes even when I’m using built-in apps like Preview. Users elsewhere report the occurence of the bug in apps from the Adobe Creative Suite, in Figma, … you name it. In any event, it’s a really unnerving bug.

As for solutions, there are two that work quite reliably for me: (a) first (and always working), toggling the Pinch to Zoom switch in System Settings > Trackpad > Scroll and Zoom, (b) secondly (most always working), pressing the Touch ID button on my keyboard to lock the system, then the escape button to send the computer to to sleep, and finally pressing Touch ID again to wake the system up again.

Pinch-to-zoom keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.