Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable share play on my Apple TV. It keeps interrupting all our shows and I want it to stop

How do I disable share play on my Apple TV. It’s interrupting all our shows and driving me crazy.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 5:52 AM

SharePlay is always started by a FaceTime call on iPhone or iPad or Mac. If none of the Apple TV users are doing a FaceTime call at that time, then you shouldn’t be prompted to share.

SharePlay can be deactivated on iPhone and iPad if you never (or almost never) want it. Settings﹥FaceTime﹥SharePlay﹥SharePlay﹥Off.

SharePlay initiated by someone else (i.e. an invite to you) can be ignored by turning a setting off on Apple TV. Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[username]﹥Shared with you﹥Off.

Use SharePlay to watch movies and TV shows together on your Apple TV - Apple Support

↳ Start a SharePlay session from your Apple TV

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 5:52 AM in response to MariahTrice12

SharePlay is always started by a FaceTime call on iPhone or iPad or Mac. If none of the Apple TV users are doing a FaceTime call at that time, then you shouldn’t be prompted to share.

SharePlay can be deactivated on iPhone and iPad if you never (or almost never) want it. Settings﹥FaceTime﹥SharePlay﹥SharePlay﹥Off.

SharePlay initiated by someone else (i.e. an invite to you) can be ignored by turning a setting off on Apple TV. Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[username]﹥Shared with you﹥Off.

Use SharePlay to watch movies and TV shows together on your Apple TV - Apple Support

↳ Start a SharePlay session from your Apple TV

How do I disable share play on my Apple TV. It keeps interrupting all our shows and I want it to stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.