Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi calling indicator sometimes does not show

My new iPhone SE is configured to support Wi-Fi calling. When I'm at home I usually see the Wi-Fi calling indicator next to the Wi-Fi signal strength symbol; other times I don't. I always see the Wi-Fi signal strength symbol. Why would the Wi-Fi calling indicator sometimes not show?

Rob

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2022 6:24 PM

The iPhone will switch to Wi-Fi Calling if the cellular connection is weak. In other words, the iPhone will select the Network (Wi-Fi or Cellular) for best performance. You may even see the iPhone on Wi-Fi calling at certain spots of the house.

If you want to manually put the iPhone in Wi-Fi calling mode, then you turn on Airplane Mode, ensure Wi-fi is ON and the iPhone will pick Wi-Fi calling. You can them take your iPhone OFF of Airplane mode.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2022 6:24 PM in response to OldMainframeGuy

The iPhone will switch to Wi-Fi Calling if the cellular connection is weak. In other words, the iPhone will select the Network (Wi-Fi or Cellular) for best performance. You may even see the iPhone on Wi-Fi calling at certain spots of the house.

If you want to manually put the iPhone in Wi-Fi calling mode, then you turn on Airplane Mode, ensure Wi-fi is ON and the iPhone will pick Wi-Fi calling. You can them take your iPhone OFF of Airplane mode.

Axel F.

Wi-Fi calling indicator sometimes does not show

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.