Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen Macbook Pro renamed as IMac

Hi All. My Macbook Pro was stolen recently. I locked it. I hoped it might return so did not erase it. Today I received notification that it had been renamed as X's iMac and that X's iMac has been locked. At this stage I've lost all hope of the Macbook being returned and have started the process of erasing contents - which is shown as "pending". I've changed my apple id password. What else should I do? Can someone tell me what the thieves are likely to be doing?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 8:05 AM

drpanacea wrote:

Hi All. My Macbook Pro was stolen recently. I locked it. I hoped it might return so did not erase it. Today I received notification that it had been renamed as X's iMac and that X's iMac has been locked. At this stage I've lost all hope of the Macbook being returned and have started the process of erasing contents - which is shown as "pending". I've changed my apple id password. What else should I do? Can someone tell me what the thieves are likely to be doing?

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 8:05 AM in response to drpanacea

drpanacea wrote:

If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Stolen Macbook Pro renamed as IMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.