Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm usine OS 11.7.1 on 2019 MBPro. Went upgrade to Monterey. Clicked on update Monterey and got OS Ventura on the download. Carnegie Mellon Tech Support says do not install Ventura until testing completed. Why can't I get Monterey?

I'm usine OS 11.7.1 on 2019 MBPro. Went to upgrade to Monterey. Clicked on update Monterey and after the download realized I got OS Ventura. Did not install. Carnegie Mellon Tech Support says do not install Ventura until testing completed. Why can't I get Monterey since that is what the update button is labeled?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 6:17 PM

The update button will always download the most recent version of macOS available, which is macOS Ventura.

You can download macOS Monterey from the Apple App Store here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-monterey/id1576738294?mt=12

2 replies

I'm usine OS 11.7.1 on 2019 MBPro. Went upgrade to Monterey. Clicked on update Monterey and got OS Ventura on the download. Carnegie Mellon Tech Support says do not install Ventura until testing completed. Why can't I get Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.