Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuity Camera: Use iPhone as a webcam for Mac mini?

I've followed all the instructions and system requirements but can't get this to work.

if Mac Mini is attached to a monitor without a built-in webcam, is it possible to use the iPhone as the webcam???

thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 1:04 AM

I have a 2018 Mac mini with a monitor without a webcam and the iPhone is detected as a Continuity Camera automatically.

For example, FaceTime shows the iPhone's rear camera. The iPhone's screen shows a notification stating that the camera is connected.

6 replies

Dec 2, 2022 7:36 AM in response to jah435

This is the craziest thing. The only way my M1 Mac mini will recognize my iPhone 13 Pro Max wirelessly as a web cam, is if I also have another web cam plugged directly into the Mini via USB. Without the secondary unused webcam plugged in via USB, the iPhone is only recognized as a continuity camera when plugged into the Mac Mini with a lightning cable. This is messed up. Anyone have a solution to this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.