Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not being recognized by iMac

My iMac 12.6 will not recognize my up to date iPhone 16.0.3 . I see there are many similar problems over the years but none like this recently, so if you have an idea please advise. yes I have restarted phone and iMac and plugged lightning plug directly into iMac not the hub. I also downloaded the update that said I needed before I Could backup my iPhone.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 2:57 PM

Exactly where on the Mac are you looking for the iPhone? Also, have you closely read and followed Apple's instructions in Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK) and finally what are you attempting to physically connect the two devices. If you are using iCloud you can sync, backup and do just about anything necessary.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 2:57 PM in response to tscacro

Exactly where on the Mac are you looking for the iPhone? Also, have you closely read and followed Apple's instructions in Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK) and finally what are you attempting to physically connect the two devices. If you are using iCloud you can sync, backup and do just about anything necessary.

iPhone not being recognized by iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.