Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First (oldest) photo is displayed instead of the latest in Recents album on Photos Apple TV app

This is a repost made by Rafael TC last April that didn’t have any reply. Since I have the same issue I am reposting below. It looks to me that it is a bug in the AppleTV ‘Recents’ pics display software. Looks like an intialization command is wrong or missing. It should start displaying the bottom of the pics thumb scrool list, not the top. I have over 60,000 and scrolling down to watch the latest pic is ridiculous. BTW, the iPhone and iPad ‘Recent’ albums are initialized correctly.

User level:

Level 1

Question:

Q:

First (oldest) photo is displayed instead of the latest in Recents album on Photos Apple TV app

On the Apple TV Photos app, in the Albums tab, there’s an album named Recents for the latest photos. The thumbnail is of the latest photo I have taken. However, when I open it, the photos that show up are actually the first photos I took with my first iPhone way back in 2010, when I first started using iCloud. So I have to scroll all the way down on the Siri Remote to get the actual most recent photo. 13.000 photos. If I open the Library tab, then the first photo is the correct most recent one. What I don’t know if this is a bug or not. If it’s not, then why do they call it “recents”?

Posted on Nov 2, 2022 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 10:57 AM

Greetings Guillermo Toro-Lira,

To help troubleshoot the behavior, ensure tvOS is updated. Updating software can help clear up unexpected behavior: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

"Update your Apple TV manually

1. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software.
  2. If there's an update, select Download and Install. 
  3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Keep your Apple TV connected and plugged in to power until the update is complete.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, then install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again."

If the issue persists, then reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance with the behavior: Contact - Official Apple Support

Kind regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2022 10:57 AM in response to Guillermo Toro-Lira

Greetings Guillermo Toro-Lira,

To help troubleshoot the behavior, ensure tvOS is updated. Updating software can help clear up unexpected behavior: Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

"Update your Apple TV manually

1. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software.
  2. If there's an update, select Download and Install. 
  3. Wait for your Apple TV to download the update. Keep your Apple TV connected and plugged in to power until the update is complete.

After the update downloads, your Apple TV will restart, prepare the update, then install it. When the update is complete, your Apple TV will automatically restart again."

If the issue persists, then reach out to Apple Support directly for assistance with the behavior: Contact - Official Apple Support

Kind regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.