Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buzz Connecting Mac Studio con iPad Pro (M2)

I have a Mac studio with Ventura and an iPad Pro (2022) with M2 processor and iPadOS16.

If I use Zoom for,a video conference and connect the iPad to the Mac via a usb cable, the Mac studio intermittently emits a strange electronic buzz.

(I have always connected it with a 2017 iPad Pro and it has never given me any problems).

Is there any way to fix it? is it a ventura problem?

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 12:30 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 4, 2022 4:23 PM in response to Biglader

Hello Biglader,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about hearing a stange buzzing sound coming from your Mac when your iPad is connected. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

Make sure you're using the cabe that came with your iPad to connect to your Mac. Here's a resource that can help: About the Apple USB-C to Lightning Cable - Apple Support

To know a little more, do you hear this sound only when using Zoom, do you have the same issue when using FaceTime?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Nov 4, 2022 4:56 PM in response to Biglader

Biglader,

Thanks for the update. Next, let's check to make sure that your Studio Display is updated. There was a recent update that addressed audio issues with the Studio Display as noted here:

What’s new in firmware updates for Apple Studio Display - Apple Support

You can check for updates by following these steps:

Update your display
To update your Studio Display, you need a Mac with macOS Monterey 12.3 or later.
1.) From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, do one of the following depending on the version of macOS you have:
• On macOS Ventura or later, choose System Settings, click General in the sidebar, then click Software Update.
• On macOS Monterey, choose System Preferences, then click Software Update.
2.) If a firmware update is available for your display, click Update Now to begin downloading the update.
3.) When the update is ready to be installed, click Restart in the notification that appears in the upper-right corner of your display.
4.) Don't unplug your display while the update is in progress. While it's updating, you might see an ellipsis icon , a message asking you not to unplug the display, or a blank screen. 

We hope that helps!

Take care.

Nov 4, 2022 4:33 PM in response to c_luc9

Thank you for your reply. This only happens when I decide to use zoom and share my iPad screen. If I leave the iPad connected to the Mac with the cable, the iPad charges normally and no buzzing happens, as soon as I decide to share the screen (I do online classes and use the iPad as if it were a whiteboard) with the cable the buzzing starts.

Only zoom, no FaceTime.

best regards

Buzz Connecting Mac Studio con iPad Pro (M2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.