Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it apple asia policy to intentionally not properly sealed a serviced iphone after battery replacement?

Evidently the poor Apple support servicing allows moisture to build up and damaged the display screen and causing rust to steel components inside the iPhone, creating a facade and impression that the customers has damage the iPhone, thus required the customer to pay extra for a refurbished iPhone.

Also there was no communication of IP67 recertification or failure of IP67 protection after Apple support servicing?

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later - Apple Support (SG)

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/apple-iphone-11-and-pro-water-resistant-waterproof-testing-resilts/

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 9:39 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 3, 2022 3:12 PM in response to LD150

I guess the advertisement by Apple in the product page indicating IP67 is as good as a marketing gimmick which got to my head, and misplaced my trust and believe placed on the product itself.

The reason I went to Apple support was to return or restore my iPhone into original working condition and since Apple can’t return it to the original IP67 condition I might as well just rely on 3rd party service since it does not make a difference other than the genuine of parts.

I would not have gone to Apple support if I knew that the seal was damaged or the water indicator was triggered. It is a complete waste of time since Apple doesn’t and won’t repair the iPhone other than a complete replacement at additional cost.

Thanks for replying and clarifying.

Nov 3, 2022 3:21 PM in response to Mhectz

They do repair it to IP67 standard but that is not waterproof and all the small print at the end of the advert explains that.

You need to work out how it got wet and avoid that scenario in future. Heavy rain, dropping into a puddle, too wet cleaning cloth, drink spills all are advertised as resistable scenarios but not guaranteed or permanent.

Keep it dry.

Is it apple asia policy to intentionally not properly sealed a serviced iphone after battery replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.