Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard issues with MacOS Ventura

I updated to Ventura on my iMac a few days ago. Since then i've had three occassions where my magic mouse and keyboard have stopped responding. Twice after waking from sleep on the Lock Screen but then today while i was actually using it.

There was no warning saying they'd been disconnected, i could still see the cursor, i tried turning them both off and back on again to no avail. I tried plugging in the USB Apple Keyboard from my old iMac and it said it couldn't recognise this Logitech device. The only solution was to turn the computer off and back on again. When i pushed the power button a dialogue box popped up asking if i wanted to restart, sleep, shutdown, cancel etc, so obviously the computer isn't frozen, just the mouse and keyboard somehow. Obviously i couldn't select any of those options, so i just had to hold the power button to shut it down. When i restarted, mouse and keyboard had plenty of battery remaining, and bluetooth seemed fine and i could connect other devices fine. Interestingly, the old USB keyboard worked fine now.🤷‍♂️

Is this a known issue with Ventura? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 3, 2022 11:58 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Bluetooth mouse and keyboard issues with MacOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.