You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

minimize and maximize bar disappear in full screen

when I enter full screen on chrome or safari, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons disappear and aren't available even if I move my mouse to the upper-hand corner. I can only minimize the screen by using Fn+F and I've tried resetting everything already.

Posted on Nov 4, 2022 12:36 PM

3 replies

Nov 6, 2022 2:07 PM in response to AIR170

Hi AIR170,

For help with the showing the toolbar in browsers while working in full screen, test the steps below found in the guide page here: Customize toolbars on Mac

"Hide or show the toolbar: Choose View > Hide Toolbar or View > Show Toolbar. While working in full screen for some apps, choose View > Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen."

You can also check your desktop and dock settings with the help of the guide here: Change Desktop & Dock settings on Mac

If the issue continues, test while booted to safe mode. How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

minimize and maximize bar disappear in full screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.