Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac disconnects from my Mac mini and I can't see it in the Display settings

My M1 Mac Mini is using the extend display settings to connect to my 2017 27" iMac and make it my second display. The problem seems to be that sometimes my iMac disconnects from my Mac Mini and I can't see it in the Display settings on my Mac Mini. When this happens, how do I get it back short of a reboot?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 10:31 AM

If you are trying to ise Target Display Mode, neither Mac is old enough to allow that. The rather restictive OS and hardware specs are in this Apple article:

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

If you are trying another method like Airdrop to Mac, network screen sharing, or a third-party solutions, please fill in the blanks for us.

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2022 10:31 AM in response to joelw135

If you are trying to ise Target Display Mode, neither Mac is old enough to allow that. The rather restictive OS and hardware specs are in this Apple article:

Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support

If you are trying another method like Airdrop to Mac, network screen sharing, or a third-party solutions, please fill in the blanks for us.

Thanks!

My iMac disconnects from my Mac mini and I can't see it in the Display settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.