Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty thumbnail in a Notes entry

I have an entry in my notes that perhaps (I'm not sure) once contained an image, but now it doesn't have any image, drawing or table.

The blank thumbnail in the title, however, persists. This is annoying, as the title is truncated.

How do I get rid of the spurious thumbnail?

Thanks.

Arnd

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 6:08 PM

Hello Arnd,

The thumbnail should reflect the current Note content, so try the following steps which may help:

1. The first and simplest step would be to restart your Mac: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support.
    2. Close the Notes app and reopen it. This can refresh the entries. Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support.
    3. You can also delete and recreate the Note with the new content. Make sure to make a copy of the Note, then make a new one with the same content and see if the thumbnail changes. Delete a note on Mac - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 6:08 PM in response to dontgimmethatcrap

Hello Arnd,

The thumbnail should reflect the current Note content, so try the following steps which may help:

1. The first and simplest step would be to restart your Mac: Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support.
    2. Close the Notes app and reopen it. This can refresh the entries. Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support.
    3. You can also delete and recreate the Note with the new content. Make sure to make a copy of the Note, then make a new one with the same content and see if the thumbnail changes. Delete a note on Mac - Apple Support.

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

Empty thumbnail in a Notes entry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.