Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have an old macbook pro. I sign in, the bar underneath shows the progress to the end but it never goes beyond that. I.e. it is stuck at the user id screen. So what am i to do next? F.Y.I i think my macbook pro date to 2012.

i have an old MacBook pro. I sign in, the bar underneath shows the progress to the end, but it never goes beyond that. I.e. it is stuck at the user id screen. So, what am i to do next? F.Y.I i think my MacBook pro date to 2012.

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 9:52 AM

mac_naashenaas wrote:

i have an old MacBook pro. I sign in, the bar underneath shows the progress to the end, but it never goes beyond that. I.e. it is stuck at the user id screen. So, what am i to do next? F.Y.I i think my MacBook pro date to 2012.

See the following links in an effort to resolve your issue:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 9:52 AM in response to mac_naashenaas

mac_naashenaas wrote:

See the following links in an effort to resolve your issue:

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way

If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar

If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen (white, black, gray, or blue)

If your Mac starts up to a blank screen - Apple Support

i have an old macbook pro. I sign in, the bar underneath shows the progress to the end but it never goes beyond that. I.e. it is stuck at the user id screen. So what am i to do next? F.Y.I i think my macbook pro date to 2012.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.