Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor in turn on-off loop with Dell WD-19 TBS lightning port

Hi,

Since Friday update to macOS Ventura I have problems with second display and Dell WD-19 TBS docking station.

Before update this docking station worked fine with dual monitor setup, one connected to DsiplayPort and second connected to lightning port with lightning to DP cable.

This setup worked fine without any problems so far until new macOS Ventura was installed on my mac,

Currently display connected to Lightning port is constantly turning on and off again, it looks like mac is detecting the display trying to display the screen, and cutting the video after 2-3 seconds causing display to turn off. I looks like the display is detected by macos again, because each turn on-off cycle my wallpaper changes.

Since Friday the new Dell WD-19 TBS docking station seems to be useless, and there is no advantage over other Dell WD-19 that don't support lightning. My company bought this docking station specially for Mac support.

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 2:32 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 8, 2022 4:18 AM in response to bartosz49

Unfortunately I have to take that back, the issue got back and I had to perform docking station power off-on, detaching lightning cable and after 20-25 tries it started working again (pure luck I think). Every time I disconnect the docking station or mac goes to sleep the problem reoccurs. I don't have time to count on luck when I want to work.

External monitor in turn on-off loop with Dell WD-19 TBS lightning port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.