Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi off & on

I have an iPadPro 4th gen, ever since I upgraded software to the newest 2022 update, my WiFi connection bugs out it keeps connecting and reconnecting every second, I have rest my network setting but the issue persists…anyone having the same issue? Anyone managed to have it solved?

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 2:04 PM

6 replies

Nov 7, 2022 2:13 PM in response to RudyStaec

RudyStaec Said:

"Wi-Fi off & on: I have an iPadPro 4th gen, ever since I upgraded software to the newest 2022 update, my WiFi connection bugs out it keeps connecting and reconnecting every second, I have rest my network setting but the issue persists…anyone having the same issue? Anyone managed to have it solved?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPad WiFi:

A. Delete a VPN:

The VPN is common a culprit. So, disconnect from it, unless required for work, school, and such.

B. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

C. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Wifi is disconnecting, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari Browser History and Set Up Content Blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

D. Report this to Apple:

Did you just update your device?

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing the update when the issue began. Include the URL of this thread.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Nov 7, 2022 3:31 PM in response to RudyStaec

Starting at the beginning with initial troubleshooting:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

This support page detailing recommended WiFi configuration may also be helpful:

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If your WiFi has been set-up according to Apple’s recommended settings, WiFi and Internet connection difficulties are usually an indication that your device does not have a routable IP Address - your IP Address usually being assigned by DHCP. When this occurs, your iPad may only have a self-assigned link-local IP address that begins 169.254.x.x.

System software updates can, in some circumstances, trigger a problem with the iPad (or iPhone) internal routing table. The causes are many, but are usually attributable to some types of App or associated device configuration.

If you have a VPN App or profiles installed, or a security App such as Norton, these may be interfering with DHCP - and preventing your device from obtaining a valid IP Address for the WiFi network/hotspot to which you are attempting to connect. The resolution is usually simple; if installed, you may only need to temporarily disable or remove the Security App and/or VPN.

DHCP is frequently used to automatically obtain an IP Address. Until your iPad has a valid IP Address to connect to your network, you will not have an internet connection. Disabling or removing VPN and/or the offending security App should allow DHCP to operate normally - allowing connection to your network and the internet.

If this resolves your issue, the VPN and/or security App can be reinstated after the connectivity problem has been resolved.

Wi-Fi off & on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.