Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift card

I uploaded a gift card a few months ago I haven’t purchased anything such as music or apps so I wanted to purchase a Music today and I cannot find the gift card anywhere I read on some sites that the gift card applies to your Apple Cash however when I look in my Apple Cash history I cannot find that amount for the gift card anywhere and when I purchased the music I read it also will apply itself however it took the money and charged it to my Apple credit card? I can’t find the money anywhere. Very upsetting confusing and annoying why is this so complicated?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 4:45 PM

See -> Check your gift card balance -> Check your gift card balance - Apple Support

OR on your iPhone -> Tap App Store -> tap your profile (top right corner of the screen).

I assume you have already redeemed the gift card.

If not, see -> See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, (1) the amount will be credited to your Apple ID balance and (2) then you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

(1) See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2) See -> Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2022 4:45 PM in response to Tdkohnow

See -> Check your gift card balance -> Check your gift card balance - Apple Support

OR on your iPhone -> Tap App Store -> tap your profile (top right corner of the screen).

I assume you have already redeemed the gift card.

If not, see -> See -> How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card – Apple Support (UK)

When redeeming a gift card, (1) the amount will be credited to your Apple ID balance and (2) then you need to set your Apple ID balance as your default payment.

(1) See -> Check your Apple ID balance

Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

(2) See -> Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods

Change, add or remove Apple ID payment methods – Apple Support (UK)

If you update your payment method or add funds to your Apple ID balance, It would take about 1 to 3 business days in order to process.

If you're still unable to update your payment method, Contact Apple Support.

Gift card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.