Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paramount Movie Digital Code and iTunes

Just got a movie, Top Gun Maverick, and entered the redemption code on Paramountmovies. They provided me a code for iTunes and routed me to iTunes. Which was great. The new code was in my redeem section for iTunes and I got a pop up that my computer is old and wont play in high res, but I can watch on other devices (ie my iPad - newer). I clicked the buy button but nothing happens. Movie is not showing up in iTunes or Apple TV etc. What the heck? How do I get my free digital copy?

Posted on Nov 7, 2022 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 8:59 PM

I can finally give back and contribute an answer for all the questions I’ve googled. Since the exact same thing happened to me I came here. I just got lucky figuring it out. Here’s what to do . . .

Redeem on paramount. Select apple/iTunes when prompted. It took me to a weird screen and no movie which is probably why you’re here now. Next, enter the same code again on paramount. It will say code has already been redeemed, but it will then show an iTunes code. Use this code and enter it in iTunes. Simply open up the iTunes Store and go to the very bottom of the page. Select redeem and enter that itunes code from the paramount site. This is when a window attempted to load, but never did. Clicking off that failed load screen and back onto iTunes I was able to see the movie under purchased as well as in the apple app. I hope this helps.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 8:59 PM in response to krysrae

I can finally give back and contribute an answer for all the questions I’ve googled. Since the exact same thing happened to me I came here. I just got lucky figuring it out. Here’s what to do . . .

Redeem on paramount. Select apple/iTunes when prompted. It took me to a weird screen and no movie which is probably why you’re here now. Next, enter the same code again on paramount. It will say code has already been redeemed, but it will then show an iTunes code. Use this code and enter it in iTunes. Simply open up the iTunes Store and go to the very bottom of the page. Select redeem and enter that itunes code from the paramount site. This is when a window attempted to load, but never did. Clicking off that failed load screen and back onto iTunes I was able to see the movie under purchased as well as in the apple app. I hope this helps.

Dec 26, 2022 6:40 PM in response to krysrae

I was able to enter the itunes code that paramount converted by going into the App store on my iphone. Scroll all the way down to see the option to "Redeem". You will be able to enter the itunes code there. It worked for me. I spent an hour on the phone with different apple support people that were unable to help. If you don't have the converted apple itunes code, I guess you will have to find someone to help.....

Jan 8, 2023 5:21 PM in response to baltazar225

This Above Post is by baltazar225 is The ANSWER. Notice that you have to go in twice and you have to use your iPhone in the ITunes Store (or App Store) on your phone - scroll way way down to where you can redeeme a code. The trick, as stated is to go Back a Second Time into paramountmovies.com and enter the code again - it will tell you the itunes code to then redem.

Mahalo to baltazar225 for the help.

Nov 9, 2022 1:27 PM in response to krysrae

Hi krysrae,

It seems you're having trouble with a redemption code and we want to help.

From your description it might be that the code was redeemed and now you need to play the movie on your other devices that are compatible with the video format.

On your iPad, try taking these steps:

How to redownload TV shows and movies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open the Apple TV app.
2. Tap the Library tab.
3. Tap the movie or show that you want to redownload. If you use Family Sharing, tap a family member’s name to see their purchases.
4. Tap the Download button Download button

Redownload TV shows and movies that you purchased

Let us know if that helps you get the movie downloaded to watch.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Nov 9, 2022 4:58 PM in response to krysrae

Thanks for replying, krysrae, and that additional info, it really helps! Next, see if you can enter your code in the "Enter a code" button at the top of this Apple resource: Redeem digital copies of DVDs or Blu-rays in the Apple TV app or iTunes for Windows

Otherwise, please contact Apple directly for further assistance with your situation: Get Support

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Nov 9, 2022 4:38 PM in response to Rigo_O86

This did not work.

I redeemed the original code on Paramount's website, they provided me with an iTunes code. That code NEVER worked. So, I cant redownload something that was never downloaded in the first place.

I tried just going into iTunes and entering the number that Paramount gave me and it does not work.

When I enter it on my old macbook air I get a pop up that just tells me that I might not have the best quality and to watch on a different device. Which is what I would do anyway.

When I go into Apple TV on my iPad, and bring up the movie, it only gives me the option to buy or rent it.

Assuming that is because I never downloaded it in the first place.

But there is nowhere on the iPad app to enter the code.

Any other thoughts?

Nov 25, 2022 6:32 PM in response to Rigo_O86

I am having the same issue. That is a cop out for an answer. Mine should have shown up in Apple and it is not. I too redeemed mine through Paramountmovies and chose Apple TV. In the paramount app it took the code. Not showing up anywhere in Apple Ap and it is also Top Gun Maverick. You need to reread her question. I am going through the same thing, same move, same bat channel.

Tracie

Paramount Movie Digital Code and iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.