Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stickies App Crashes on start!

Since the update to OS 13 on my Mac mini M1, the Stickies app crashes immediately after starting it. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a solution?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 4:40 AM

Silbersurfer wrote:

Since the update to OS 13 on my Mac mini M1, the Stickies app crashes immediately after starting it. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a solution?

I have not opened in the Stickies app in a couple years— however it seemed to launch trouble free.

Try a —SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

I will add third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

if no insight or resolve —Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2022 4:40 AM in response to Silbersurfer

Silbersurfer wrote:

I have not opened in the Stickies app in a couple years— however it seemed to launch trouble free.

Try a —SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

I will add third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

if no insight or resolve —Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Nov 8, 2022 8:05 AM in response to Silbersurfer

Silbersurfer wrote:

In safe mode everything stays the same, but if I use a different user account everything works fine.
How do I find out which app is causing the error?

Start with Uninstall  all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

if you still are at a loss—

you can get a good look at your System config. and reveal conflicts or issues, you can download/run this trusted utility https://etrecheck.com  

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

Stickies App Crashes on start!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.