Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max play my music from turned off Apple TV

I have an Apple TV and connect my AirPods Max for sound (which is great mostly!)

When I put the Max headphones on this morning, they immediately started playing my music. They weren’t connected to my iPad or iPhone, and neither had anything playing. It was from the Apple TV, which was turned off. Confirmed this by checking Now Playing in Music when I turned the Apple TV on. I don’t listen to Music from the TV. How do I stop it from starting up?

The Apple TV is up to date on the current tvOS 16.2 (20K5331f). The AirPods are current on firmware. This issue is intermittent and has happened on older tvOS versions.

Thanks!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 10:11 AM

Try Change audio settings for AirPods Max - Apple Support

1 reply

AirPods Max play my music from turned off Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.