Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use touch ID on Macbook all the time instead of putting password?

I find it useless to have the fingerprint option on my Macbook since every time I try logging in it asks for my password. I don't use my laptop every other day since you know, smartphones are so smart these days. I just would like to feel fancy and use my fingerprint every time I try logging in instead of typing my password. Is that possible? Thank you! Oh and stay awesome ;)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 12:04 AM

No.

In particular, you will need to reenter your password every 48 hours:

For security, you need to enter your password when you start your Mac. Sometimes you need to enter your password to continue using Touch ID. For example, users must re-enter their password every 48 hours and after five incorrect fingerprint attempts.

Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 12:04 AM in response to Gregster97

No.

In particular, you will need to reenter your password every 48 hours:

For security, you need to enter your password when you start your Mac. Sometimes you need to enter your password to continue using Touch ID. For example, users must re-enter their password every 48 hours and after five incorrect fingerprint attempts.

Use Touch ID on Mac - Apple Support

How can I use touch ID on Macbook all the time instead of putting password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.