Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv does not respond to remote power button

when I’m done using it, I put my Apple TV to sleep by holding down the power button on the remote. But today it doesn’t respond to it. All the other buttons work properly. If the Apple TV is asleep, the power button also doesn’t wake it up. Any of the other buttons do.

is this a physical problem with my remote? Should I feel the button depress physically or is just a touch sensor type button. Guess I never noticed before.

I do not use the power button to control my tv.

Apple TV 4K, 16

Posted on Nov 8, 2022 11:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2022 6:06 AM

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Try restarting just the remote, as described on: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

To put Apple TV to sleep, click-and-hold the power button for a full 1–1.5 second or so. A short tap will do nothing. This should help prevent accidental actions.

Alternatively use the Control Center Sleep option to put Apple TV to sleep.

Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with Apple TV - Apple Support

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

The power button is not a touch sensor, and presses down slightly, to the same level as the top surface.

If the issue persists, then I would advise to contact Apple Support about it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2022 6:06 AM in response to Phil Tomaskovic

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Try restarting just the remote, as described on: If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

To put Apple TV to sleep, click-and-hold the power button for a full 1–1.5 second or so. A short tap will do nothing. This should help prevent accidental actions.

Alternatively use the Control Center Sleep option to put Apple TV to sleep.

Use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote with Apple TV - Apple Support

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

The power button is not a touch sensor, and presses down slightly, to the same level as the top surface.

If the issue persists, then I would advise to contact Apple Support about it.

apple tv does not respond to remote power button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.