Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Startpage Icons

Is there a way to edit which Icon image is associated with a particular "favorite" page? For example, on my start page I have the "Meta" icon image associated with Google search page, and The NY Times icon is associated with Wordle, and the Wordle icon is associated with the NYT.

This problem pre-dates my "upgrade" to MacOS Ventura. It's mainly a problem because I'm not a fan of a certain app and its CEO.

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 10:45 AM

I understand the images associated with Safari's Favorites have become disassociated with the links they represent. That would certainly annoy me also.

I noticed that clearing Safari's History causes those images to become refreshed. Try it: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

You can choose any period of time to clear; just the last hour or any time causes those images to reload.

The following might also be relevant, though I doubt it: Clear cookies in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Either one of those actions will cause you to become logged out of websites that require authentication (like Apple Support Communities) so you will need to log in again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 10:45 AM in response to Lycoming360

I understand the images associated with Safari's Favorites have become disassociated with the links they represent. That would certainly annoy me also.

I noticed that clearing Safari's History causes those images to become refreshed. Try it: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

You can choose any period of time to clear; just the last hour or any time causes those images to reload.

The following might also be relevant, though I doubt it: Clear cookies in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Either one of those actions will cause you to become logged out of websites that require authentication (like Apple Support Communities) so you will need to log in again.

Safari Startpage Icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.