You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not connecting monterey to iPhone

My iMac running OS 12.6 can see that my iPhone SE 2020 running IOS 15.3.1 exists, and my iPhone can see that the iMac exists. Both devices show the other in their respective bluetooth dialogues. Occasionally the iMac has given me a number to verify on the iPhone, but the cleverly designed interface puts a dark blue dialogue on a black background on the phone and the option is withdrawn before I can see it. Occasionally the iPhone will try (it seems random) to connect with the iMac, but then reports that the iMac is not compatible with it.

Can anybody help me to force my two Apple devices to "simply work" together?

Or am I being too optimistic?

Thanks Frank

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 9:21 AM

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2022 9:21 AM in response to Franknfurterx

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) or an iPad except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information:  Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Bluetooth not connecting monterey to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.