Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook a1181 Safari 4.1.3, Keychain password

In a macbook a1181 I am running os 10.4.11 I need to upgrade my Safari 4.1.3 because it doesn't have javascript to allow. Also, I can't change my keychain because there is no keychain access app in the utilities. What to do

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 1:55 PM

An A1181 can be a number of older MacBook models. Depending on its exact model designation, you may be able to upgrade it to OS X 10.7 "Lion".

Doing that will require a bit of effort on your part. First, you will need to upgrade your current OS 10.4.11 "Tiger" to OS X 10.6.8 "Snow Leopard", after which you can download and install Lion by following this link: Mac OS X Lion Installer.

Getting that Snow Leopard installation disc is likely to be the hard part. Apple no longer sells them, but aftermarket sources exist. Legitimate aftermarket sources will sell an unopened white box that looks like this:

Accept no substitute. There are no legitimate download sources.

If you want to proceed and need more help, please write back.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 1:55 PM in response to Montiboy

An A1181 can be a number of older MacBook models. Depending on its exact model designation, you may be able to upgrade it to OS X 10.7 "Lion".

Doing that will require a bit of effort on your part. First, you will need to upgrade your current OS 10.4.11 "Tiger" to OS X 10.6.8 "Snow Leopard", after which you can download and install Lion by following this link: Mac OS X Lion Installer.

Getting that Snow Leopard installation disc is likely to be the hard part. Apple no longer sells them, but aftermarket sources exist. Legitimate aftermarket sources will sell an unopened white box that looks like this:

Accept no substitute. There are no legitimate download sources.

If you want to proceed and need more help, please write back.

macbook a1181 Safari 4.1.3, Keychain password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.