Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BBC iPlayer - compatibility problem with new Mac OS Ventura

Has anyone else had the same problem as me? Just downloaded new Mac OS and now BBC iPlayer won't work on any new programme downloads or streams. Yes, I have the latest BBC iPlayer. I know this has happened before with previous iterations of Mac OS etc.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:46 AM

What type of problem is occurring ?

What actions has the user taken to fix this issue ?

Reliable , accurate, details /context will really help to pinpoint a possible solution.

From what I read over here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/supported-browsers-os

From above link " *BBC iPlayer Downloads requires Mac OS 10.13 and above with Intel chip. Mac OS 11 and above with the Mac Silicon chip require 'Rosetta'.) " in theory it should work but, as Ventura is a recent release the Developer may still be developing a compatible version for macOS 13

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 1:46 AM in response to Doctor Zhivago

What type of problem is occurring ?

What actions has the user taken to fix this issue ?

Reliable , accurate, details /context will really help to pinpoint a possible solution.

From what I read over here https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/questions/supported-devices/supported-browsers-os

From above link " *BBC iPlayer Downloads requires Mac OS 10.13 and above with Intel chip. Mac OS 11 and above with the Mac Silicon chip require 'Rosetta'.) " in theory it should work but, as Ventura is a recent release the Developer may still be developing a compatible version for macOS 13

BBC iPlayer - compatibility problem with new Mac OS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.