Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security lockout

im in secuirty lock out on my phone but i dont wanna erase my phone because i know my pw

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 8:06 AM

If it is locked out the only option is to erase your phone. You can then restore your most recent backup.

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 8:06 AM in response to kayloney

If it is locked out the only option is to erase your phone. You can then restore your most recent backup.

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

Nov 20, 2022 5:16 AM in response to Dogecate

The only place your passcode exists is on your phone, and it is the encryption key for the encrypted storage on your phone, so the only way Apple could allow access to a disabled phone would be to include a “back door”, something the FBI and repressive governments around the world have been pressuring Apple (and Google) to do for many years.

Instead, Apple gives you multiple ways to back up and sync your phone, some of them automatic and daily. This also protects your data if your phone is lost, stolen or thrown under a bus.

security lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.