Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I running diagnostics correctly?

I've got a good used Macbook Pro (13", 2020). MacOS 13.0.1 (updated from 12.6 earlier today). Taking it for a test drive. Runs fine. Want to run diagnostics just to see what that's like.

Cold booted via power/touchID key upper right. Holding D at startup results in Apple logo and chime, pause, brief blank screen, repeat apple logo and chime, pause, then Wifi prompt.

Since I got a Wifi prompt but no progress bar or a request to choose my language, I assumed diagnostics wasn't installed and I needed to download it. Is this correct?

Anyways, I logged in to Wifi, agreed to all the terms, gave Apple access to everything it asked for, ran something that took a couple of minutes, and got "ADP000 (No Issues Found)". Continued into the mode (called "recoveryOS" I think?) where it soft-boots into a lite version of MacOS that loads safari and takes you to an apple support url with my serial number in the url. Initial page loaded fine, but when I clicked on the link for more details, got 404 error.

Cold booted again, held down D, still getting Wifi prompt. Poked around the "..." menu, can't find an option to skip Wifi. Assuming diagnostics are now installed locally, does that mean there's now no way to run it without Wifi?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:12 PM

on that model MacBook Pro, diagnostics are loaded (via your Wi-Fi) over the internet, and are not stored on your Mac.

<< got "ADP000 (No Issues Found)" >>

That indicates it ran and passed.

You are done.

<< Assuming diagnostics are now installed locally >>

They are NOT, and will not be stored locally. You need an Internet connection to run diagnostics.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 1:12 PM in response to iHadj

on that model MacBook Pro, diagnostics are loaded (via your Wi-Fi) over the internet, and are not stored on your Mac.

<< got "ADP000 (No Issues Found)" >>

That indicates it ran and passed.

You are done.

<< Assuming diagnostics are now installed locally >>

They are NOT, and will not be stored locally. You need an Internet connection to run diagnostics.

Am I running diagnostics correctly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.