Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable USB-C hub on iMac silicon with Ventura

I have seen a lot of talk about this problem, but need to know if we have a fix for this. Particulars are: iMac silicon with two USB-C ports, recently upgraded from Monterrey to Ventura trying to find a fix. I have an iKling 9 to 1 USB hub plugged into one of the USB-C ports, and have an ethernet cable plugged in, as well as an Apple DVD/CD drive plugged into the hub's USB-A port. Ethernet is working fine to a printer, but the DVD/CD drive is not seen/not working. Drive works fine when plugged into my Apple Air laptop. I see talk of having to enable/ authorize the USB-C hub to Ventura, but do not know how to do that on the iMac Ventura. Updates for Ventura on a laptop say to use System Preferences/Security, but I don't get the 'Allow accessories to connect' on the iMac. Any suggestions?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 1:11 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2022 11:36 AM in response to idontknowanything1999

Hello idontknowanything1999,

If you're experiencing an issue connecting or using USB devices with your Mac, we'd like to provide some information that may help.

Please check out the information and suggestions in this link, as they can help if a USB device doesn’t work as expected: If a USB device doesn’t work with Mac

If a USB device isn’t working properly, make sure it’s connected to your computer correctly, is plugged into a power point if it has a power lead, and has any necessary software installed.

Take care!

Enable USB-C hub on iMac silicon with Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.