Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this standard? Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

Is this standard?  Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

Is it a standard configuration for the apple tv 4k to be connected by hdmi to the tv and have the TV’s optical TOS output go into a DAC to convert to an analog home stereo?

And, if i send YouTube wirelessly using ApplePlay with this configuration, can there be audio sync issues?

THAAANKS!!! FOR ANY HELP!

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2022 4:46 PM

Is this standard?  Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

It should work. It should apply to a somewhat small group of users without digital audio systems.

If i send YouTube wirelessly using ApplePlay with this configuration, can there be audio sync issues?

AirPlay shouldn’t cause A/V sync issues with wired speakers. Audio is supposed to be processed fast enough for video sync anyway.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2022 4:46 PM in response to Don Spark

It should work. It should apply to a somewhat small group of users without digital audio systems.

If i send YouTube wirelessly using ApplePlay with this configuration, can there be audio sync issues?

AirPlay shouldn’t cause A/V sync issues with wired speakers. Audio is supposed to be processed fast enough for video sync anyway.

Is this standard? Apple tv 4K > TV > TOS Optical Out > DAC > Analog Audio Cable > Mixer or Amplified Speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.