Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Generic Attachment icons in Outlook email after Ventura install

After installing Ventura, all attachments I receive or send in microsoft Outlook are generic thumbnails instead of reflecting filetype.

Same email opened on a different machine running Monterey shows correct icon; further, emails with attachments I send from Ventura machine display correctly elsewhere.

Outlook 16.66, Ventura 13.0.1

iMac

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 4:26 PM

DS2007 wrote:

After installing Ventura, all attachments I receive or send in microsoft Outlook are generic thumbnails instead of reflecting filetype.

Same email opened on a different machine running Monterey shows correct icon; further, emails with attachments I send from Ventura machine display correctly elsewhere.

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

and with any luck a point update to the new Ventura will resolve the issue.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2022 4:26 PM in response to DS2007

DS2007 wrote:

you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

and with any luck a point update to the new Ventura will resolve the issue.

Generic Attachment icons in Outlook email after Ventura install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.