“New iCloud Terms & Conditions” Popup Bug — Post Ventura Update

Hey community, I'm here to plead with you in hopes you may have a solution for my mildly inconvenient, but HIGHLY frustrating situation. Since my upgrade to Ventura, I've received a popup hourly reminding me to "agree to the new iCloud t's & c's"-- to which I comply, tick the box, and submit. The only issue is it does not go away. I've agreed to the t's & c's more than 40 times, and nothing changes. The popup notification on my MacBook pro cannot even be closed without navigating me out of my work and taking me to the settings app to agree. Any suggestions? Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 13, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2022 6:18 AM

It looks like you already tried it on page one of this thread and did not work for you.

Went perfect for me as you can tell by my excited response in the thread link below.

Anyway here is the thread =

Unable to accept iCloud Terms and Conditi… - Apple Community

Here is something I found on my own if you do not know how to sign out of iCloud =

HT208242

Good luck to all !

Similar questions

133 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2022 6:18 AM in response to TheLittles

It looks like you already tried it on page one of this thread and did not work for you.

Went perfect for me as you can tell by my excited response in the thread link below.

Anyway here is the thread =

Unable to accept iCloud Terms and Conditi… - Apple Community

Here is something I found on my own if you do not know how to sign out of iCloud =

HT208242

Good luck to all !

May 9, 2023 5:49 PM in response to iHadj

iHadj Said:

There appears to be no option to sign out of iCloud on my Macbook Pro Ventura 13.3.1 (a). I have already tried a power cycle. Is Apple Menu -> Log Out [My Name] the same as signing out of iCloud? Thanks.

———-

How to Sign Out of iCloud on macOS Ventura:

See This Link: Sign Out of iCloud On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Screenshot of Ventura:

Nov 13, 2022 7:01 PM in response to teltonengineering

teltonengineering Said:

"'New iCloud Terms & Conditions” Popup Bug — Post Ventura Update': [...]The only issue is it does not go away. I've agreed to the t's & c's more than 40 times, and nothing changes.[...]"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, damaged files are reset and fixed to how they should be. So, boot in Safe Mode > Log in as the same user > and then try accepting the Terms & Conditions. See Here: Start Op your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support

May 18, 2023 12:03 AM in response to teltonengineering

teltonengineering Said:

New iCloud Terms & Conditions” Popup Bug — Post Ventura Update: [...]Since my upgrade to Ventura, I've received a popup hourly reminding me to "agree to the new iCloud t's & c's"-- to which I comply, tick the box, and submit. The only issue is it does not go away.[...]"

-------

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of this idea. You'd do so by providing Apple Feedback on this.  Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what what bugs exist, and what fixes to include in macOS versions to come. These are just user-to-user forums; Apple parsley reads these forums as it is on their own time.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: that this all occurred after installing an update, and how you've troubleshot it, thus far. Include the URL of this thread.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary

Dec 1, 2022 4:04 PM in response to Armanjr

Same here, it's freaking driving me nuts, feel like I am back on a windows computer. Come on APPLE!

Same issue, keep clicking, scrolling, going into settings, EVERYTHING and it keeps on happening, day in and day out and come to think of it, happened right after Ventura ... just ridiculous.

I did notice if you go into settings to accept instead of starting the accept button on your desktop, once I click to accept while in settings, very quickly a small window "server error" pops up, it flashes on the screen so quickly I cant capture it or even fully read it.

I have done this like the others, at least 40 to 50 times in everyday imaginable and it still appears.

Nov 18, 2022 6:57 AM in response to ibsurfin

insuring Said:

"New iCloud Terms & Conditions” Popup Bug — Post Ventura Update': Annoying. Any fixes yet”

———-

Provide a Screenshot:

I haven’t come across this firsthand, but can you provide a full screenshot? That would most certainly help. IMPORTANT: Just cover personal info (i.e. phone numbers by covering it with rectangles through use of the Photos app).

Jan 10, 2023 9:38 AM in response to teltonengineering

Here's what worked for me to resolve the persistent "New iCloud Terms and Conditions" red reminder.

The resolution to this involved iPhone settings even though this message NEVER appeared on my iPhone. I have two active iCloud accounts. On iPhone, I went to Settings => Mail => Accounts, then tapped my alternate iCloud email account. Suddenly an alert popped up asking me to accept Apple's new iCloud T's & C's. Accepting through this interface made the red reminder go away on my iMac in seconds.

Nov 19, 2022 6:49 AM in response to Spalpal

mashael619 Said:

”I am having the same issue and I've tried accepting the terms and conditions in safe mode several times now to no avail.”

———-

Some thoughts:

A. Provide the Issue:

So, when you click “Agree” button, does it do do nothing? Or does it give you popup message?

B. Scroll to the Bottom of the Message:

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the message. The, click the button “Terms and Conditions” on the top-right corner of the window, doing the same. Then click the agree” button.

C. Disconnect from a VPN:

If you are connected to a VPN, then Dixon next from it.

Mar 1, 2023 6:48 AM in response to teltonengineering

Worked for me: log out of iCloud; log in to iCloud; configure iCloud; done.

No reboot needed.

No more notification badge (1) “New iCloud Terms & Conditions” reminder showing in System Preferences. Success!

More details:

• Had already agreed to the “New iCloud Terms & Conditions” numerous times, with no effect.

• System Preferences.

• Apple ID ... scroll to bottom ... "Sign Out".

• Accept that all iCloud services, syncing, etc. will shut off.

• »»» list: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

• Keep a Copy -- of your iCloud data on your Mac.

• Keep on This Mac -- Safari passwords, etc.

• (Keep copies on your Mac of documents stored in iCloud Drive and data stored in iCloud by Contacts, Calendar, Reminders, and Messages.)

###

• Provide password for the iMac (and it's previous password!)

• Set up iCloud ... re-enable iCloud services that had been shut off by the logout ... Find My Mac, iCloud Drive, Contacts, etc. and so on.

• Sign in to App Store.

• Sign in to iMessage.

MacOS Ventura (13.2.1)

“New iCloud Terms & Conditions” Popup Bug — Post Ventura Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.