Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16.1.1 time font too big

Is there a way to change the CLOCK font on the welcome screen - it is now BOLD & large just after updating the IOS to 16.1.1?

the rest is OK so I don’t want to lower the other front like email or others - just the clock showing the time when you open the phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2022 10:35 PM

I LOATHE the new clock font! In fact, it’s been discussed heatedly in my immediate family! Everyone hates it, quite a visceral reaction. I hope they either change it back with the next update or give us an option to revert to the previous version. Just ick.

91 replies

Nov 30, 2022 10:00 AM in response to mountainhobo

mountainhobo wrote: "@Alancito, this is Apple Support Community, hosted on Apple infrastructure. Trust me, they read it."

mountainhobo ~ Although Apple administers this community, that doesn't include reading each of thousands of daily posts for possible feedback. So the only sure way to have Apple read user's comments / feedback is to use the many provided feedback forms:

Apple Product Feedback

õ¿õ¬

Nov 20, 2022 4:56 AM in response to Dom4FLO

The bugs in this update are absolutely beyond unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my phone is now unusable!!!!!!!!!

I can't even look at the screen it is infuriatingly bright.

I just tried downloading nine different apps in a desperate attempt to get the screen to be extra dim...

it's like looking at the **** SUN!!!!!

I have the zoom on, I have the dark mode on… I have the brightness completely all the way down… I am frantically searching for an app to make the screen dimmer. With the phone almost 90° from my face because I can't even look at the screen. Literally have to wear sunglasses in my bedroom at four in the morning while tilting my screen to the side because I can barely even look at it. It's so painful..

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?

almost a dozen apps, and not one of them makes them darker. All of them just make it BRIGHTER!!!!!

The phone is become too painful to even look at!!!!

Nov 21, 2022 8:16 AM in response to oelkesm

oelkesm wrote:

Unfortunately this type of customization in the screenshots isn't possible in 16.1.1. After clicking Customize, we only have the option to Add New. I really hope Apple gives us back those options you shared.

You can’t edit a previously created wallpaper, because it doesn’t have the “hooks” for customization. You must change the wallpaper to a different one. If you have the image in your photo app you can still use it; add it as a “new” image.

Nov 21, 2022 2:36 PM in response to Dom4FLO

I watched a bunch of videos how to change the font and they do not work on my iPhone 13 mini. When I get to the "customize" button, my ONLY option is to add new wallpaper. This is no way to change the clock font.

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

I see videos showing the options of different fonts and colors for the clock, but I cannot get to those options. Help!

iOS 16.1.1 time font too big

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.