Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Installing iMovie 9.0.9

Hello i have iMac Mid 2011 OS High Sierra ver. 10.13.6 trying to install iMovie 9.0.9 it would always give an error message: iMovie 9.0 or later is required to install this update, downloaded al versions up to 7 with no luck. If anyone could please help. No luck with Apple tech support since they dont support iMovie 9 versions. Please Help!!

Sonny

iMac

Posted on Nov 15, 2022 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2022 12:06 PM

If you are trying to download iMovie 9.0.9 from the Apple site, it is an update to iMovie 9, and not the full version. Therefore, you must have iMovie 9 on your Mac before you can update it to iMovie 9.0.9. That is what the error message is telling you.

You might take a look at this website link to see if anything in there helps you. I've not used the procedures described myself so can't vouch for them.

Another way is to see if you can purchase the iLife '11 package from Amazon or Ebay, or some other third party vendor. Confirm that iLife '11 contains iMovie 9, and you can update it from there. For example:

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iLife-Family-Pack-Mac/dp/B0050Q1U08

-- Rich

[Link Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2022 12:06 PM in response to SonnyMayo

If you are trying to download iMovie 9.0.9 from the Apple site, it is an update to iMovie 9, and not the full version. Therefore, you must have iMovie 9 on your Mac before you can update it to iMovie 9.0.9. That is what the error message is telling you.

You might take a look at this website link to see if anything in there helps you. I've not used the procedures described myself so can't vouch for them.

Another way is to see if you can purchase the iLife '11 package from Amazon or Ebay, or some other third party vendor. Confirm that iLife '11 contains iMovie 9, and you can update it from there. For example:

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iLife-Family-Pack-Mac/dp/B0050Q1U08

-- Rich

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Problem Installing iMovie 9.0.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.