Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil left corner swipe for screenshot not working when other apps are open

I have an iPad Air 3rd gen on 16.1.1. I use the swipe feature to grab screenshots all the time to insert them into notes apps. Now, if I have any app open, when I use my apple pencil to swipe from the left corner of the screen to grab a screenshot it doesn't work. However, if I do the same thing on the home screen it works fine.

I've tried turning the feature off and on as well as restarting and hard-resetting the ipad. Nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue? Other suggestions?

iPad Air 3 WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:55 AM

I figured this out! What fixed it for me was turning off the Accessibility Zoom feature. If any one else is having this problem, check to see if the Accessibility Screen Zoom is enabled. You may see this in your Control Center under the Accessibility button (the person standing with their arms out), or you can find it in Settings, Accessibility, Zoom. Turn the Zoom feature off and you will have the ability to screenshot with the Apple Pencil from the corners again.

Hope that works for you as well.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 5:55 AM in response to Flash Marker X3

I figured this out! What fixed it for me was turning off the Accessibility Zoom feature. If any one else is having this problem, check to see if the Accessibility Screen Zoom is enabled. You may see this in your Control Center under the Accessibility button (the person standing with their arms out), or you can find it in Settings, Accessibility, Zoom. Turn the Zoom feature off and you will have the ability to screenshot with the Apple Pencil from the corners again.

Hope that works for you as well.

Nov 16, 2022 4:22 AM in response to Flash Marker X3

Speaking from experience of a similar issue, assuming that you also have the lower-right corner swipe configured for QuickNote - swap the left and right swipe actions, then close the settings page and perform a restart of the iPad.

After the restart, check that the corner swipe gestures are working as expected - and then reconfigure aper your preference.

Apple Pencil left corner swipe for screenshot not working when other apps are open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.