Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcuts

Hello all,

I have created the following Scene (Sleep Time) and Shortcut (Sleep Tight). The Shortcut works as expected if I do it on my iPhone or in Alice's Bedroom Homepod, but if I ask Siri to run it on a different Homepod, it doesn't "Set playback destination to Alice's Bedroom" Homepod but instead to the Homepod where I made the request.

The idea is that when I ask Siri to run the Shortcut and start playing "Piano Station" on Alice's Homepod, no matter which device the request is made on.

Can anyone care to explain what I am doing wrong here, please?

Thank you.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 1:10 PM

Howdy gmartins81,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're looking for assistance with a Home Automation created in Shortcuts to have the audio only play on a specific HomePod, correct?

If we have that correctly, we'd recommend checking the devices selected in the scene and automation to be sure that's not related to which HomePod plays the audio. You may need to adjust the variables to be sure the correct location is selected for the audio to play on. You can learn more about Home automation triggers in Shortcuts here: Home automation triggers in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If that doesn't help to isolate this, we'd recommend exploring the Shortcuts User Guide to see if you can locate additional information to help with this. As each setup and configuration can vary, you may be able to work directly with Apple Support to have this checked into in detail.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 1:10 PM in response to gmartins81

Howdy gmartins81,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're looking for assistance with a Home Automation created in Shortcuts to have the audio only play on a specific HomePod, correct?

If we have that correctly, we'd recommend checking the devices selected in the scene and automation to be sure that's not related to which HomePod plays the audio. You may need to adjust the variables to be sure the correct location is selected for the audio to play on. You can learn more about Home automation triggers in Shortcuts here: Home automation triggers in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If that doesn't help to isolate this, we'd recommend exploring the Shortcuts User Guide to see if you can locate additional information to help with this. As each setup and configuration can vary, you may be able to work directly with Apple Support to have this checked into in detail.

Have a great day!

Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.