Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock on ios 16 is greyed out

My clock on my iPhone seems to be greyed out and i'm not sure why. This has happened before but it comes and goes and I’m not sure why. Right now it looks like this:

But when i click customise it says it should look like this:

Tried googling it with no avail. Anyone know the reason??

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 10:42 AM

Hi Squidhat,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Does the customized clock on your Home Screen remains grayed out after restarting your iPhone? Have you tested other custom home screens to see if the issue remain present? Be sure to follow the steps and article below for restarting your iPhone.

1. "Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2.Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3.To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo".

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Keep us updated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2022 10:42 AM in response to Squidhat

Hi Squidhat,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Does the customized clock on your Home Screen remains grayed out after restarting your iPhone? Have you tested other custom home screens to see if the issue remain present? Be sure to follow the steps and article below for restarting your iPhone.

1. "Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right

2.Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3.To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo".

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Keep us updated.

Clock on ios 16 is greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.