Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changing lock screen Ventura update

ok so I have the MacBook Air M1 which I upgraded to Ventura. My lock screen is now an ugly orange background that was not there before the update. I can't figure out how to change it. Does any one know how to change your Lock Screen with the new update??

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 6:06 AM

if you lock the screen, the Lock Screen image will always match the wallpaper of the account you are using when you locked the screen. so I'm thinking you may mean your login window, which is the screen you see when starting your Mac.

you can only make the login screen match your user account's wallpaper. you cannot set it as a separate image.

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Settings, in the Lock Screen tab,  and set "Login window shows" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

if you are using file vault or have multiple users, the above will not work.  if that's your situation, you will need to wait for apple to address this. it may be worth your time to send feedback directly to apple. Feedback - macOS - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 6:06 AM in response to allison_________

if you lock the screen, the Lock Screen image will always match the wallpaper of the account you are using when you locked the screen. so I'm thinking you may mean your login window, which is the screen you see when starting your Mac.

you can only make the login screen match your user account's wallpaper. you cannot set it as a separate image.

if you are the sole user (not even a guest account) AND file vault is turned off you can go to System Settings, in the Lock Screen tab,  and set "Login window shows" to "List of users". then your login screen matches your desktop background.

if you are using file vault or have multiple users, the above will not work.  if that's your situation, you will need to wait for apple to address this. it may be worth your time to send feedback directly to apple. Feedback - macOS - Apple

changing lock screen Ventura update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.