Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer Says "Plugged in but not charging" while it is not plugged in

I recently had my computer stop charging completely again. This computer has acted up in the past; I've had the battery replaced before. This time is different though, It can't charge at all with any charger I have. The outlet is not the problem and it still does this when the computer is off. Now, when the charger isn't even connected, it will say it is 'plugged in but not charging.' I have a MacBook Air 2019.

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Nov 17, 2022 10:27 PM

6 replies

Nov 19, 2022 12:36 PM in response to azurec

It has been about a day since I touched the computer. I left it connected to a charger, even though it wasn't working. I was about to take it to the Apple store so I turned it on just to see. It was fully charged and the 'plugged in but not charging' thing was gone even when it wasn't plugged in. Somehow it decided to completely forget about everything that happened in the past 2 days and work just fine.

Computer Says "Plugged in but not charging" while it is not plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.