Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google in Keychain??

I have made a number of posts about Apple's poor handling of passwords in Keychain, since the entire Apple ecosystem--Apple and iOS--all depend on passwords for their interoperability. In this day and age of us having to juggle more and more passwords for virtually everything we do, I consider this to be a major security hole in the Apple ecosystem. The way it handles Google passwords is a case in point.

As you probably know, when Google bought out YouTube many years ago, it overhauled the way it handles passwords. No longer did you have a separate YouTube and Google account, but you had one Google account which could have multiple identities to access multiple services.

But look at the way Keychain handles Google accounts in the Screenshot: All my Google accounts are merely listed as google.com and they're differentiated from each other by email address, but not by username or service!

This is as opposed to passwords for all my other services, which are actually differentiated by username or email address. (The fact that keychain should have separate fields for username and email address is another problem).

How the heck do I differentiate my Google services when they're listed by email address, not by the actual service I'm trying to access?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 7:05 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Google in Keychain??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.