You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought Apple TV 4K Device. How do you charge the remote? I'm unable to use conventional line and also the cord that is connected to my iMac.

Just bought Apple TV 4K Device. How do you charge the remote? I'm unable to use conventional cord, and also the cord that is connected to my iMac.

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 11:32 AM

The remote is charged using a USB-C cable and a USB-C charger or a USB-C port on a computer.

If you don't have any charger with a USB-C port, you can buy a USB-C to USB-A cable to charge the remote using an existing USB-A charger you may have.

USB-A to USB-C cable:

mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m) - Apple

USB-C to USB-C cable:

USB-C Charge Cable (2 m) - Apple

USB-C charger:

Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

Note that the charger and cable do not need to be Apple branded. They can be fro third party brands like uGreen, Anker etc...

They can be chargers from an iPhone or iPad you may already have etc...

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2022 11:32 AM in response to BradG775

The remote is charged using a USB-C cable and a USB-C charger or a USB-C port on a computer.

If you don't have any charger with a USB-C port, you can buy a USB-C to USB-A cable to charge the remote using an existing USB-A charger you may have.

USB-A to USB-C cable:

mophie USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector (1 m) - Apple

USB-C to USB-C cable:

USB-C Charge Cable (2 m) - Apple

USB-C charger:

Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

Note that the charger and cable do not need to be Apple branded. They can be fro third party brands like uGreen, Anker etc...

They can be chargers from an iPhone or iPad you may already have etc...

Nov 18, 2022 1:24 PM in response to BradG775

Are you sure your cable is a USB-C cable?

Please see the images I posted above and compare them to your cable.

If they are the same, then you may have purchased a slightly older Apple TV, in which case the remote would use the iPhone style lightning cable instead of USB-C , so you can use a cable from an iPhone to charge it instead.

Also, identifying the exact model of Apple TV will help: click here ➡️ Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Just bought Apple TV 4K Device. How do you charge the remote? I'm unable to use conventional line and also the cord that is connected to my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.